Re: CDDL/GPL and Nexenta (with CDDL libc)

Anil Gulecha <anil@nexenta.org> writes:

> Illumos will be the upstream. Illumos project started out as a branch
> of OpenSolaris code, but is now effectively a fork of OpenSolaris
> codebase.

I don't understand the distinction being made there. What is different
between “a branch of the code” versus “a fork of the codebase”?

> As an added positive, it is replacing all of the closed bits
> (previously distributed as binary blobs) with open code. A major
> portion of this is already done.

Great news, I'm glad people are enthusiastic enough to make a free
software version of this code.

--
 \       “We must find our way to a time when faith, without evidence, |
  `\    disgraces anyone who would claim it.” —Sam Harris, _The End of |