Stale copyright dates

I'm packaging the PHP PEAR Crypt_Blowfish library.

The package has two maintainers, one of which seems to have taken over
active maintenance of the library. The copyright information on upstream's
source is 2005-2008 by the original (now inactive) author.

The newer maintainer has made bugfixes to the source without updating the
copyright information. Do I need to have upstream update the copyright
notice on these files before packaging this software?

john
--
John Morrissey          _o            /\         ----  __o
jwm@horde.net        _-< \_          /  \       ----  <  \,