Re: Inappropriate use of Debian logo.

Paul Wise wrote:
>On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 5:32 AM, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
>> Alessandro Rubini <rubini@arcana.linux.it> writes:
>>> This message confirms the swirl is just one of the defaults:
>>>       http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2005/06/msg00340.html
>>>
>>> [which, may I say, was quite a naive choice for such an important
>>> distro]
>>
>> Yes, it would have been better to present an image that wasn't so
>> trivially duplicated by independent users of that image program.
>
>Indeed.
>
>> But it's a burden to be borne now.
>
>I don't really agree, we can have another logo competition. These days
>we have several artists involved with Debian so we might get a great
>logo.

Please God, no. It was painful enough the last time we had a
competition for the logo, and since then we've got much bigger and
have more developers, users, websites, derivatives, merchandise, ...

"It's actually quite entertaining to watch ag129 prop his foot up on
 the desk so he can get a better aim."          [ seen in ucam.chat ]