Re: LGPLv3 - is GPLv2 incompatibility transitive?

On 2013-12-11, Andreas Metzler <ametzler@bebt.de> wrote:
> The other way round is to look at the two pieces on the right and say
> that it is perfectly fine for a LGPLv2+ library to be linked against a
> LGPLv3+ library without being upgraded to LGPLv3 [1], and therefore
> the GPLv2 program can use it.

Let's try a different example.

There is a gplv2+ library that I would love to use in a closed source
application.

If I then write a thin bsd-licensed library which primary purpose is to
be a bsd licensed interface to the gplv2+ library, would that be fine ?

Let's say:

commercial app links with bsd library links with gplv2+ library.

I don't think that's fine. It would also be a loophole the size of a
small star in the gpl.

No. I think the licensing is transitive.

/Sune