Re: Debian-Lex Rebirth? - python/perl/php?

Hi,

Wouldn't it be a good idea to focus on one standard for Debian-lex? Python seems to be more save and robust than perl. Python is capable of doing more than perl. My boss does not allow me to work with Perl ore PHP when it comes to production sites. For novice it is more easy to learn python than it is to learn perl. In general I think all programmers should change to python because it looks like even a better language than java. For me the best way to deploy a 2.0 project is to use python. And of course Debian-lex. My boss and I are very much in favor of python as standard for Debian-lex. It is a great language and easy to adopt for perl, php, java and other programmers too. Safety, compatibility of files, save communication and stable computers is top priority for the today's computerized lawyers. How do programmers think about python as standard language for Debian-lex?

Regards Jeroen - lawyers.nl

Quoting laguardia Stefano <stibba@quipo.it>:

Hi all,

my name is Stefano and i am doing the training in law.
I also prepare servers for lawyers, debian-based, to introduce some Free Software technologies in their offices. I'm not a good programmer but i have good skills in perl programming and i will be very proud to help the debian-lex project.
Best regards.

Stefano Laguardia - Italy