Re: Debian-Lex Rebirth? - python/perl/php?

Quoting drz <drz@rizzux.org>:

Hello List, Id like to support the Rebirth of debian-lex.

But first of all I have to second Diego, and Id like to ask Jeroen if he
already has seen some of the already existing apps, like legal case
management for example (php). I guess this is a considerable base for a
server.
Should all this stuff be rewritten in python, or what do you mean by your
statements.

Yes you should rewrite from php in to python. Ore use python wiki,
python webserver, python fora etc, ERP, applicationserver etc etc etc
and build your case management system ontop of existing python software.

I guess I have to put it like this: (im no programmer)
I think if you (or your boss ;) (not meant as bashing)) needs to have software
to be written in python, youll have to do that. All other decisions are in
the democratic hands of the (code-)contributors and their practical
compromise.

Sure, I agree, democratic hands of the contributors, I already start promoting
python because I think python also can be a sales accelerator. Not my boss needs
to have software written in Python, lawyers needs have. And Debian-lex needs it
to let Debian-lex rock and kick ass.

Maybe its a better point to start, if wed find a base that integrates existing
approaches rather than build everything from scratch.

There is no need to build from scratch. There can be build on top of. Open Officie e.g.

No one is

just my 2 cents
drz

Am Donnerstag, 29. November 2007 18:31 schrieb Jeroen de Kreek.nl:
> actually i'd like to understand two simple things:
> 1) what kind of support do you think debian-lex will give

The Debian-Lex support will be the normal Debian support: use at own risk.

> 2) if this idea is so wonderfull why we do not start to tell debian
> distro itself should focus to python?

Everybody should focus on Python. Matter of fact best way to get the most
out of the web 2.0 hype is to use python, I think.

--
drz@rizzux.org
gpg 5518 8F74 B2A0 E91A 6FAD 8AC8 C02C 6C6F C899 DC65

----
Kijk ook eens op

www.jeroendekreek.nl