Re: DFD09 March 25

On Wed, 2009-03-25 at 07:24 -0300, Barbara Figueirido wrote:

> BTW, it is worth noting that the Judiciary of the Rio Negro Province in
> Argentina has established the openoffice document format as the basis
> for its paperless procedure documentation, since it accepts the local
> PKI (only versions beyond 2.0, I could have it read the certificates
> only with v. 3.)
Rio Negro Province is far in advance of the State of Washington, which
is to be expected ;)
This reminds me - how about a new category/metapackage for
Confidentiality (not quite the same as security)? It is very important
to practice in the US (elsewhere too?), but which is not being addressed
even in the non-FOSS world, maybe due to a lack of awareness of how to
use encryption tools. It could be an area where DebianLex could shine!

Regards,
Elaine