Re: incorrectly reporting dbg-package-missing-depends

"C.J. Adams-Collier" <cjac@colliertech.org> writes:

> the -dbg package contains .mdb files, which are out-of-band debugging
> data:

> $ dpkg -L ironruby-dbg
> /.
> /usr
> /usr/lib
> /usr/lib/ironruby
> /usr/lib/ironruby/IronRuby.dll.mdb
> /usr/lib/ironruby/IronRuby.Libraries.Yaml.dll.mdb
> /usr/lib/ironruby/ir.exe.mdb
> /usr/lib/ironruby/IronRuby.Libraries.dll.mdb
> /usr/share
> /usr/share/doc
> /usr/share/doc/ironruby-dbg
> /usr/share/doc/ironruby-dbg/copyright
> /usr/share/doc/ironruby-dbg/changelog.Debian.gz

> The package builds from source on sid in case you have some spare tuits.

Ah, yes, I see that this is a common problem for CLI code; mono-dbg has
the same problem.  I'm a bit surprised that the debugging symbols are
architecture-independent, but apparently they are.

The ideal solution would be to special-case packages containing only *.mdb
files, but the architecture of where this Lintian check is done makes that
a bit tricky to do.

Could you file a bug against Lintian so that we can track this?