Re: lintian: error package list

On 2012-10-05 08:40, Hideki Yamane wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Oct 2012 08:00:48 +0200
> Niels Thykier <niels@thykier.net> wrote:
>> On lintian.d.o, doing:
>>   $ grep ^E: /srv/lintian.debian.org/logs/lintian.log | wc -l
>>
>> gives you that list[1].  Attached is the list of unique tags making up
>> all the triggered error tags.
>>
>> ~Niels
>>
>> [1] Actually it gives you 2378 hits instead of 2360.  Possibly caused by
>> packages triggering an old tag which is now removed that has not been
>> rechecked since.
>
>  Thanks!
>
>  Then, next question is, Is there any historical data about this?
>  I think it's very important measure to check packages' quality.
>
>  In my opinion, Quarity in Debian means three aspects.
>   1. of package
>   2. of upstream software
>   3. of whole distribution
>
>  lintian and piuparts can check "1" and measure it is important role
>  to know we are going to be better or not.

We have some historical data; I have used it in the past to see how fast
the build-arch target was being adopted[1].

You can find that data in /srv/lintian.debian.org/history on
lintian.d.o.  We do also have a bug to turn that data into graphs (#672273).

~Niels

[1]
http://people.debian.org/~nthykier/rg-build-arch-target/affected-packages-graphs.png

data:
http://people.debian.org/~nthykier/rg-build-arch-target/affected-packages-graphs.dat

NB: Huge spikes are almost always fixes in Lintian or/and fill runs.
There is one of the smaller spikes caused by a maintainer uploads.