Re: Backport for youtube-dl

On 2014-05-01 13:25, Micha Lenk wrote:
> Hi Niels,
>
> On 2014-03-15 08:10, Niels Thykier wrote:
>> I have long suggested that Lintian should have a "debian/backports"
>> profile, which could ask Lintian to not emit tags about NMU or even
>> standards-versions.  However, to this date, I do not recall ever seeing
>> one nor have I met anyone willing to implement/maintain it.
>>
>> It could even be extended to include a check for the notorious "Changes
>> since stable missing in changes file. Did you forget -v?"-rejection.
>>
>> If you are interested, feel free to supply a patch or follow up on the
>> Lintian mailing list - I will gladly help you get started.
>
> As I suggested to fix lintian for certain backport situations, I feel
> somewhat challenged by your reply to also work on that. Can you please
> give me some pointers how to get started?
>
> I do not have much spare time left, so do not expect any results to soon...
>
> Regards,
> Micha

Hi Micha,

Thanks for your interest in improving Lintian. :)

For the profile itself, I would recommend reading the Lintian User
Manual 2.5[LUM-2.5].  Quite possible, the example in 2.5.2.3 and the
existing profiles (in <...>/profiles/) are sufficient for you to get
started.

For the "-v"-part, there is already a patch in #732225 that needs to be
reviewed and merged.

~Niels

[LUM-2.5] http://lintian.debian.org/manual/section-2.5.html