Re: Fwd: [lintian] Translation of tag descriptions

On 2015-01-28 17:03, Stephan Beck wrote:
> Hi Niels,
>
> a short question on lintian tag translations and bug report filing policy.
>
> May I submit individual bug reports for each of the lintian tag translations (as
> listed in the respective .desc files) that refer to one package, or is it better
> to do the whole bunch first and submit it as one big bug report?
> For instance, Apache has about 15 that will be completed soon. File those 15
> then or wait until the big job is done?
>
> The only info I found in the README is
> "Updated translations can be submitted to Lintian as a bug report (see
> the Feedback section)."
>

> Kind regards
>
> Stephan
>

>[...]

>From my PoV, you are welcome to do them in parts.  But there are two
caveats:

 * As I recall, all translations go in one file, so the next report
   still need to include all the translations of the previous one.
 * A release build of Lintian will discard any translation units with
   less 80% completion.  I cannot remember if this is per ".desc" file
   or per "language".  But if it is the latter, the translation will not
   be used until you are nearly done.

But as said, from my PoV whichever way you prefer is fine. :)

Thanks,
~Niels