Re: future of lintian.d.o?

Hi Holger,

Holger Levsen wrote:
> first: it's great that lintian is under active development again!

Sorry for that month of silence. This was two weeks of holidays where
I did way less for Debian than I expected plus some pre- and
post-holiday stress.

I just restarted working on Lintian this weekend. There are though
some throw backs due to the dpatch removal and the quite broken GNU
Emacs 28.1 which both affect the test suite and autopkgtests.

> second: it's great that UDD now has up2date information from current lintian runs!
>
> (I've bcc:ed abe@d.o and lucas@d.o out of courtesy, so they see this but
> won't get every reply cc:ed.)

Thanks! Worked. :-)

Please also take also lintian-maint@debian.org into Cc for such
things. I've added that address now.

> Now my questions, as raised on #debian-qa:
>
> < h01ger> and are there plans to shutdown lintian.d.o or redirect it to
>           udd.d.o/lintian?

In my head there is the fallback plan to map all existing lintian.d.o
URLs (at least those for tags, packages and maintainers) to
udd.d.o/lintian URLs (either via proxy or redirect) in case nobody
picks up the lintian.d.o code.

We're though far from an implementation of that idea.

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, https://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin