Up-to-date documentation for the Lintian test suite?

I'm trying to get ramped back up with how Lintian works these days, at
least enough to be able to review and approve merge requests.  When
looking at:

https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/400

I was a bit confused by the added tests, specifically that the valid
package seems to still have a hints file showing a tag that I think
shouldn't be issued?  I don't think that's a problem with that test or
that MR, though, because the same is true of the existing tags about
poetry.

I figured I didn't understand what I was looking at so went to read the
documentation about the test suite in t/recipes/README, but this seems to
be obsolete?  It's talking about Tests-For, which is how the test suite
used to work when I was working on Lintian, and doesn't seem to mention
the eval directory.

doc/tutorial/Lintian/Tutorial/WritingTests.pod seems similarly out of
date.

Is there more up-to-date documentation somewhere that I should be looking
at?  Or, failing that, maybe an explanation for what I saw with the hints
file would get me oriented so that I understand where to look.

Thanks!