Re: New release for lintian?

Hi,

I'm step by step trying to get back into working on Debian again. And
besides RC bugs, Lintian is a focus, too.

Nilesh Patra wrote on 13th of October 2023:
> > > Over the past few days I've tried to merge some of the pending MRs and
> > > also push minor changes on the lintian repository.

Thanks again for that. I merged a few more today and fixed the test
suite issues caused by dh_movetousr. The test suite passes again.

> > > Would you consider to do a review and upload a new release to
> > > unstable, please?

I'll try to get one done soonish. Got another bunch of MRs rebased and
waiting for the test results now that the test suite passes again.

Also got some more commits waiting to be pushed locally to not cancel
those two MR pipelines currently running. (They all seem to run on the
same runner, which explains why autopkgtest already runs longer than
in previous runs.)

> Can I ask you to review/merge these, please? (Some have been
> taken from pollo's mail)
>
> 	https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/482

Already merged. Thanks!

> 	https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/458
> 	https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/462
> 	https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/471
> 	https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/472

These all either add new tests, require additional run-time
dependencies or are generally rather invasive.

For getting out a release soonish, I'd rather avoid them and merge
them at in a later release.

		Regards, Axel
--
 ,''`.  |  Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org>, https://people.debian.org/~abe/
: :' :  |  Debian Developer, ftp.ch.debian.org Admin