Re: adequate maintenance

thanks Paul and Axel!

On Sun, May 05, 2024 at 01:18:30PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
[..]
> I don't like the Go idea, but I'm not involved in the lintian team nor
> in maintenance of adequate,

regardless, of your (lack of) involvement, I'd be curious to hear if you
have any specific, non-subjective concerns, besides the security one,
which Axel has mentioned

> also it isn't maintained by lintian folks.

I know, but anyway I'm keen to listen to lintian folks because they're
an important (perhaps the most important) user of adequate

> PS: bounced your mail to the original author, CCing them too.

thanks, I should have done that to start with

On Sun, May 05, 2024 at 12:14:47AM +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:
[..]
> > would be okay for me to rewrite it
>
> Neither an objection from myself as former adequate QA uploader nor
> from the Lintian team.

thanks for the unambiguous response!

> > I understand that go is not the most popular of languages in Debian
>
> Static linking is bad for security updates. I think that's the main if

ack

cheers,
Serafeim