Re: Current state of lintian?

Hi Axel,

On 6 May 2024 2:36:39 pm IST, Axel Beckert <abe@debian.org> wrote:
>Nilesh Patra wrote:
>> On Mon, May 06, 2024 at 03:58:54AM +0200, Axel Beckert wrote:
>> > The release won't happen tonight anymore, though. Need to go to bed
>> > now. Also Salsa consistently spews "Something went wrong. Please try
>> > again." when trying to rebase some more merge requests. Pipelines for
>> > 6 more now rebased merge requests are currently running (or pending)
>> > on Salsa. Will check the results tomorrow—eh—later today.
>>
>> There were 3 merge request which you marked as "Approve" but not merge possibly
>> due to salsa pitfalls?
>
>Mostly, yes.
>
>> I took the liberty to merge the three (!471, !472 and !499). Please revert (and
>> comment) if you think it was a mistake.
>
>Well, !499 has a (actually still pending) open question for review:
>
>https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/499#note_483348
>
>Didn't expect a merge before that question is solved.

I'm not sure what the question is? At the note I see my comment mentioning about the fix.

>Would be happy if you could still have a look at my questions and if
>necessary push according changes (maybe with "Git-Dch: Ignore").

I don't see your questions anywhere on the MR. Am I missing something? Did you by any chance forget to post? Could you let me know?

>But we also haven't really rules what approval, thumbs up, etc.
>exactly mean. So maybe that was the problem. :-)
>
>For me approval is a general ok for the concept and an intend to
>merge, but not necessarily in the current state. But maybe thumbs up
>is better for that purpose?

Yep. For me approval from a maintainer would mean ready/approved for a merge.

Thanks
Nilesh