Catch22

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 09:40:28 -0400
"Thomas H. George" <lists at tomgeorge.info> wrote:
> Then
> Applications/Debian/Apps/System/Network Administration opens a window
> asking for root's password.

This should be fixed in the lenny CD.  It should not prompt you for
root's password.  Would you please verify this problem exists on lenny
too, and not just etch, where it is known to be broken?

Technical details:

Etch uses casper, which does not contain my patches to ensure all su
wrappers use sudo instead of su to become superuser.  Those patches
are present in live-initramfs, which is used in lenny & sid.

These possibilities come to mind:
- you have a lenny image built with casper, not live-initramfs (very unlikely)
- somehow one su wrapper got past me or there is a bug in the patch somewhere
- the problem doesn't actually occur in lenny

Thanks,
Ben
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg at sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg at debian.org