Re: persistent partition

My apologies - the binary.img generated by live-helper is a variable
size depending how stripped the core OS is and which additional programs
have been installed - so I shouldn't specify a size for it as you have
in your system - additionally it would would make reconfiguration
impossible for the linux newbies who will be the ones actually using all
of this.

My overall aim is to have a two partition USB drive - the first
partition is defined by the binary.img and the second partition is
defined by the space left over - to be used as the live-rw partition.

Some of the applications I have create (potentially) GBs of logs that
need storage, others can work happily with no persistant storage at all
so I want to get the partitioning all script based and flexible - which
is how I have it configured/working at present.