Re: 5.0.3 Apt-Get problem

Many thanks Daniel, that should do the trick!

--- On Tue, 1/26/10, Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org> wrote:

From: Daniel Baumann <daniel@debian.org>
Subject: Re: 5.0.3 Apt-Get problem
To: "Debian Live" <debian-live@lists.debian.org>
Date: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 12:47 AM

clydew@clydew.org wrote:
> I haven't touched sources.list, didn't have to change anything in
> version 5.0.2.
> Is "mirror" equated to something somewhere?  Maybe version 5.0.3 left it
> out...

again: *which* image *exactely*? not giving the required information and
just stating 'doesn't work' doesn't help and is a waste of time.

however.. due to space limitations, not all images have apt indices
(e.g. gnome and kde desktop, where you have to do an apt-get update
before you can install something).

[now i just found out that the kde and gnome desktop images are affected
by that regression in live-helpers image.sh from 1.0.6, where it doesn't
properly manage that - i'll fix it for 5.0.4 images that should be out
in about a week or two]

unrelated to that, all images should have the same binary mirrors, which
is cdn.debian.net.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Burgunderstrasse 3, CH-4562 Biberist
Email:          daniel.baumann@panthera-systems.net