Re: isolinux splash

>>yes i need and in fact I cannot seem to remove the syslinux menu entry where it says "Press [Tab] to edit menu options". Which >>file shall I edit please?

posted the above to Ben only by mistake.

SOLVED:

File header.cfg needs to modified and the following option has to be added:

allowoptions 0

source: http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/SYSLINUX#ALLOWOPTIONS_flag_val

On 27 August 2010 16:52, Robert Spiteri <rspiteri01@gmail.com> wrote:

On 27 August 2010 16:31, Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
On 08/27/2010 11:24 AM, Robert Spiteri wrote:
> see in the FAQ how to customize artwork:
>
> http://live.debian.net/manual/en/html/faq.html

I see yours is a different approach. I was thinking of copying /usr/share/live-helper/templates to config/templates and then edit config/templates/syslinux/*. Like that I will only set LH_TEMPLATES in common to point to config/templates

Am I on the right track?

If you need to make other changes to the templates, I suppose.  The idea of binary_syslinux and binary_grub was to make certain types of commonly asked-for configuration easier.  Anyway, the wiki page has other tips about actually generating the splash image that are useful (and all of this really should be brought into live-manual, as indicated in the FIXME; patches welcome :) see the front material in the manual about that).

Ben

--
Robert
http://www.weavefx.com