keyboard switching

I have 2 main issues as regards the keyboard:

1. By default, I want the live cd to use the uk keyboard layout. So I added the locales package and specified: LH_BOOTAPPEND_LIVE="locale=en_GB.UTF-8 keyb=uk". I am using xfce4 and added a package called xfkc to manage the keyboard layout. However when I add a layout from xfkc ex: USA - International (no dead keys), the key mappings remain that of UK. Is there anything that needs to be configured?

2. Is there a way to add an entry into syslinux to let the user choose between a UK and US keyboard?

--

Robert
http://www.weavefx.com