Re: Re: using extlinux instaed of syslinux

Thx Daniel, I'll try to build live hdd with extlinux, because I need ext2 system instead of fat16/32.
My problem is, some apps mount the usb stick, because of fat 16/32 and I would like to prevent it.
How I know, syslinux doesn't support ext2 on live hdd.

greetings
Piotr

On Mar 1, 2012, Daniel Baumann <daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net> wrote:

On 03/01/2012 10:13 AM, upiter77@lycos.com wrote:
> Is it possible to use extlinux instead of syslinux on live
> squeeze/wheezy usb-hdd/hdd?

not out of the box, but the remaining things to make it work out of the
box are rather trivial.

> BTW do I need an additional (special) configuration for extlinux?

yes and no; it needs another copy of the syslinux templates, but no
other modification except s/syslinux.cfg/extlinux.conf/.

--
Address: Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email: daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net