Re: install live squeeze usb-hdd with 3.x kernel

On 03/06/2012 02:52 PM, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> Install? As in Debian Installer? You can't. Nobody provides an apt
> repository with debian-installer built against the backports kernel.

(jftr) ...yet; it's on my todo, but that will be not on *.debian.org
anyway, so of not much interest anyway i guess.

> You might ask, "but what about Kenshi Muto's installer?"*** But
> apparently that is built some other way and cannot be used by live-build.
>
> If instead of "install" you meant something else, please be more precise.

however, fortunately, lb can use different d-i distribution independent
from what is used for the chroot, and since wheezy d-i can install
squashfs images from squeeze (and even vice verse, which is
exceptionally nice), one could build a squeeze + backports based image
with wheezy d-i. it might need the one or other tweak along the line,
but should be relatively straight forward.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net