Re: Can't boot. syslinux ERROR: No configuration file found

On 08/03/2012 17:55, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On 08/03/12 11:35 AM, Gilles RENAULT wrote:
>> Got the same error, lb_build 3.0~a45-1
>
> At minimum, we need not only the version of live-build you're using, but
> also your configuration and/or a log showing the problem. See the
> live-manual chapter on bugs.
>
> Since I don't have your configuration, I'm reduced to guesswork. I will
> warn you of one very easy to overlook issue, and that is, '-b usb-hdd'
> is the old syntax. The new syntax is '-b hdd', which reflects the fact
> that the hdd format is by no means limited to use on USB devices (and
> allows for hdd variants in future, like for VMs). If you fail to upgrade
> the option name to the latest syntax (consult lb_config man page) then
> your build will break. I don't remember in this case whether it fails to
> produce an image or whether it produces a broken image as a result. In
> any case, it's a good habit to develop to check the log *even if* an
> image file is produced, as any errors may cause problems when you boot
> the image.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

Ok, thank you for your fast answer.

Here is my auto/config file :

#!/bin/sh
            MIRROR_DEBIAN="http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian";
                lb config noauto \
		 --bootappend-live "" \
		-k 686 \
		--binary-filesystem fat32 \
		--linux-packages "" \
		--memtest "none" \
		-a i386 \
                -b hdd \
                --username kiosque \
                --hostname kiosque-ubs \
                --parent-mirror-chroot "http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/"; \
                --parent-mirror-chroot-security
"http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian-security/"; \
                --parent-mirror-bootstrap
"http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/"; \
                --parent-mirror-binary "http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/"; \
                --parent-mirror-binary-security
"http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian-security/"; \
                --parent-mirror-binary-volatile
"http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian/"; \
                --archive-areas "main contrib non-free" \
                --parent-archive-areas "main contrib non-free" \
                --mode debian \
                --debian-installer false \
                --apt-indices false \
                --source false \
		--package-list standard-x11 \
		--apt-options "-y --force-yes" \
		--syslinux-theme "debian" \
		"${@}"

No errors during the build, I could join the log if you whish.

While trying with qemu :

ERROR: No configuration file found
No DEFAULT or UI configuration directive found!

The iso-hybrid way works, with the hook describe here :
http://lists.debian.org/debian-live/2012/02/msg00003.html

I've also try to use grub as a bootloader but it seems incompatible with
the hdd option.

Thank you.

--
Gilles RENAULT         | IUT de Vannes
DSI / CCRI             | 8 Rue Montaigne