Re: Can't boot. syslinux ERROR: No configuration file found

On 12/03/12 06:49 AM, Gilles RENAULT wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I made some clean up in the command line and the process works now
> perfectly.

Glad to hear it. Just a general observation: you don't need to set any
option that is set to the default value, and I think it only makes it
harder to see what customizations you've made. See lb_config man page
for defaults.

> #!/bin/bash
>

> MIRROR_DEBIAN="http://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian";

This doesn't appear to be used. See live-manual regarding configuring
your mirror. I find using /etc/live/build.conf as indicated in the
manual most convenient.

> lb config noauto \
> 	-b hdd  \
> 	--mode debian  \

This is the default anyway if your build host is a Debian system.

> 	--source false \

This is the default anyway.

> 	--bootappend-live "" \

This is the default anyway.

> 	-a i386 \

This is the default if your build host is i386, though it's a good habit
to set it anyway (in case you want to build on amd64 host instead, which
would change the default).

> 	-k 686 \

In wheezy, 686-pae is the default. There is no non-pae 686 kernel. 686
is just a transitional package that depends on 686-pae.

> 	--memtest "none" \
> 	--username kiosque \
> 	--hostname kiosque-ubs \
> 	--archive-areas  "main contrib non-free"

In short, your config is equivalent to:

lb config noauto \
        -b hdd \
        -a i386 \
        -k 686-pae \
 	--memtest "none" \
 	--username kiosque \
 	--hostname kiosque-ubs \
 	--archive-areas  "main contrib non-free"

Ben