Re: Live Squeeze system: ConsoleKit does not see serial console as active, cannot mount with udisk

On 3 April 2012 09:49, Jason Heeris <jason.heeris@gmail.com> wrote:
>  <allow_any>no</allow_any>
>  <allow_inactive>no</allow_inactive>
>  <allow_active>yes</allow_active>
>
> I'll try changing the "allow_inactive" key to yes, but this seems less
> than ideal

It doesn't work anyway, I'm still not authorised to mount disks using
udisks over a serial console.

I dug around the ConsoleKit docs and played around with the DBUS
methods for activating the current session, but it didn't succeed:

user@mwa-live-usb:~$ dbus-send --system --print-reply
--dest="org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit"
/org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Session7
org.freedesktop.ConsoleKit.Session.Activate
Error org.freedesktop.DBus.GLib.UnmappedError.CkSeatError.Code0:
Unable to activate session

(Session7 is the one listed as being on /dev/ttyS0)

I also tried putting ttyS0 first in the boot parameters, but it made
no difference.

— Jason