Re: local hwclock in debian-live

On 04/11/2012 08:14 AM, Eugene V Budnikov wrote:
> I don't found any hwclock --hctosys calls in /lib/live/config.

right, that is because there is no need for it.

i think you're confused. /l/l/c/*-hwclock disables the hardware clock,
not more, not less. and, as said, we do not want the hardware clock to
be set on a live system.

what we do want, however, is, to have set the correct timezone. and for
that, /l/l/c/*-tzdata is responsible for..

..which works flawlessly, just confirmed on a sid image.

until you can show the results of a squeeze or a sid image, where you
provide the necessary information (what time the hardware clock has,
what settings of utc and timezone you're booting with, what the
resulting time on the system is, and what the expected time would be), i
see no bug here.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net