live build doesn't install my packages.chroot deb's

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can offer some advice because I've done my best following the manual and I can build a Live iso alright, but I think that certain packages are not being installed to the filesystem which I've put in packages.chroot.

They are LibreOffice 4.02, refractasnapshot 9.0 and xnview 0.51.

*I have checked the names with dpkg-name
*LibreOffice .deb packages are inside their own sub-directory -any problem?
*I assume that firmware-linux .deb packages do install because since adding them to packages.chroot I've had no live build hiccups.

It would be ideal to have these packages installed so that the Live CD is ready to hit the road for a new PC user.

Thanks
Davi