Change request: Renumbering the default hooks

Hello list,

while preparing a new hook (with sequence number 1006), I noticed that the log files and the man-db cache were present again in the live image. They are deleted by hooks '0140-remove-log-files' and '0190-remove-temporary-files', but my hook is running later than them and reintroduces the files that were just removed.

Since there are 10000 uniquely numbered hooks available, I would propose to renumber the hooks:

0XXX: Preparation hooks (e.g. create-locales-files)
5XXX: Update/regenerate cache files (e.g. update-apt-file-cache)
90XX: Remove files that should not be in the live image (e.g. remove-dbus-machine-id)
95XX: Remove files that reduce the size of the image (e.g. remove-python-py)

This leaves two ranges 1XXX-4XXX and 6XXX-8XXX for your own hooks (but you can still use all the other numbers as well)

This could affect the hooks that you already implemented in your own live image building system and will (because they use softlinks) break your current 'config' directory.

What's your opinion?

With kind regards,
Roland Clobus
Working on reproducible live images