Generate syslinux menu for all installed kernels of same flavour?

Hi there, I am building a Debian 11 live image that includes both the Stable kernel (currently 5.10.0-14) and the latest Backports kernel (currently 5.16.0-0). With my current configuration live-build is generating syslinux entries for only the newest Backports kernel version. I don't fully understand the code of the `binary_syslinux` component, but it appears that this behavior is by design:

# Rename kernel files
# If multiple initrd images are being generated (by DKMS packages, etc),
# we likely only want the latest version.

The grub-pc script on the other hand does generate GRUB entries for both installed kernels on EFI, as I would prefer.

As I understand this...
https://live-team.pages.debian.net/live-manual/html/live-manual/customizing-package-installation.en.html#kernel-flavour-and-version
...if I want both kernel versions of the save flavour to appear in the syslinux menu I could use the config option:
--linux-packages "linux-image-5.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 linux-image-5.10.0-14-amd64"
However, I would prefer for the live-build scripts to add this automatically so I don't have to adjust my configuration every time either one of the kernel versions changes. Is there any simple/correct way to accomplish this?

Thanks a lot!