Please fix lsb-base bugs soon

More and more init.d scripts start to use the log_*_msg() functions
from lsb-base, and find problems and issues with it.  I want all
scripts to use these functions, but for that to happen the transition
need to be as painless as possible.  As it currently is up to each
maintainer to use the lsb-base functions, we want to make sure as many
as possible want to use it.

The following bugs seem important in that regard to me:

  #320709: bashism in log_end_msg
  #327388: lsb-base: init.d output functions break when used in umountfs
  #327405: Bashism in pidofproc()
  #321963: make output format configurable

I see that some of them are claimed to be fixed in experimental.  Did
someone forget to close the bugs?

I just moved sysvinit to use these functions, and expect this to
provoke more people to report bugs and wishlist requests related to
the lsb-base functions.  I also added init.d dependency info to the
scripts, and hope this will inspire more developers to do the same.

<URL:http://packages.qa.debian.org/l/lsb.html>