Re: imagemagick

Brian May <bam@debian.org> writes:

> However the upload of imagemagick for Jessie didn't go so well; I didn't
> realize that packages.debian.org has the correct binary but old source
> (doesn't take into account point updates properly), so I will have to
> redo it with the latest source.

Oh, I think I understand what happened now.

There was an updated version of imagemagick made for Jessie with all the
fixes in January. However it didn't get uploaded as a security
update. Instead it got uploaded in proposed-updates. As a result there
was nothing mentioned in the security tracker.

https://tracker.debian.org/news/745776

Just recently it was moved into Jessie as a point update in the last
point release.

There is no need for me to do a security update, as the updates I was
going to do are already there.

How can we avoid duplicating efforts like this? Rereading this thread it
looks like I wasn't the only one confused.

Also: as this updated security issues, why was it uploaded to
proposed-updates and not jessie-security?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>