Re: What to do with sox

Hello,

On Mon, Jun 27, 2022 at 04:01:46PM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:
> Alternatively, is it worth reaching out to those who have sox installed
> to figure out what they are using it for, and reassess those
> vulnerabilities based on the kind of exposure that sox is actually
> having?

I am for example using it for automatic conversion of a HTTPS web site result
(which I do not control) into an Asterisk audio file.  Aka text to speech using
a web service if you want.

However, I no longer have any LTS machine running (stretch). I will have a lot
of buster machines going to LTS soon.

On another subject, I still get the ntp warnings even after updating tzdata,
and restarting ntpd manually, also with buster:

Jun 27 16:31:40 virtual ntpd[17024]: leapsecond file ('/usr/share/zoneinfo/leap-seconds.list'): will expire in less than one day