Re: [Git][security-tracker-team/security-tracker][master] Reserve DLA-3389-1 for lldpd

Hi Chris,

On 12/04/2023 10:16, Chris Lamb (@lamby) wrote:

Chris Lamb pushed to branch master at Debian Security Tracker / security-tracker

Commits:
d3d0edc1 by Chris Lamb at 2023-04-12T09:14:31+01:00
Reserve DLA-3389-1 for lldpd

My previous reservation of DLA-3388-1 didn't successfully push to salsa, so I
now need to clean up my collisions with DLA-3388-1 (keepalived). :/
Will you send a follow-up DLA announcement with the correct number?

With respect to the process, I wonder how this happened and if there's something that can be improved in our scripts to avoid a similar issue in the future. Did you use `gen-DLA --save` and missed the git push failure messages? Would it have helped if gen-DLA would have cleaned up the DLA-XXXX file when git push failed? Do you have any other suggestions?

Cheers,
Emilio