Re: Collaborative maintnership

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006, Charles Plessy wrote:

I will have four packages reviewed for sponsoring this weekend. I hope
that my beginner mistakes will be quick to fix, so they may be
uploadable soon.

Great.

For the moment there is my email in the mainainer field. But I am
strongly interested in collaborative mainaintership. Shall I use the
addres of the mail-list as a the maintainer and move mine in the
uploaders field? Or shall we use another list, on Alioth for instance?

I'm in favour of group maintainance but the debian-med list should
not be spoiled by packaging related mails.  This would confuse our
non-technical users.  For the sake of development the Alioth project
was created. Currently there is one list that records the SVN
commits: debian-med-commit@lists.alioth.debian.org.  I think we migh
either use this list for the moment because it is quite low volume,
but the better solution would be to create a new one for instance

       debian-med-packaging@lists.alioth.debian.org

for group maintained projects.

Kind regards

         Andreas.