Re: Automatic tarball retreival

Am Dienstag, den 21.08.2007, 23:54 +0900 schrieb Charles Plessy:
> Le Tue, Aug 21, 2007 at 10:42:04AM +0200, Steffen Moeller a écrit :
> >
> > For the direct use of svn-buildpackage it is only the source that is missing,
> > isn't it? uscan should in most cases deliver that, probably move it to the
> > wrong directory, though, or does it inspect debian/.svn ?
>
> How about a command such as debian/rules tarballs, which would create
> the directory if necessary and use uscan to download the latest sources
> there? I have implemented it in the `melting' package and it seems to
> work well. For the packages without watch file, debian/rules tarballs
> could do the things by hand...

The correct target would be get-orig-source IMHO, which is also
documented in the policy. Further svn-buildpackage allows (does it
still?) to set the path of the upstream tarball via the svn-bp:origUrl
property. Maybe with some tweaking, svn-buildpackage is able to use
something like:

svn-bp:origUrl "http://domain.tld/myprogram_$VERSION.orig.tar.gz";

so you don't need to determine $VERSION directly. It's also possble to
store the tarballs in the repository.

Regards, Daniel