Re: debian-watch-file-in-native-package

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 11:40 PM, Steve M. Robbins <steve@sumost.ca> wrote:
> Hi Mathieu,

> That looks OK; but if you're doing it by hand, it will become
> error-prone and tedious.  If you are scripting it then, as David has
> suggested, you might as well use the scripts others have already
> created; e.g. svn-buildpackage.
>

>> > To just build for upload, svn-buildpackage is your friend (from the trunk/
>> > directory).
>> >
>> > I suggest you to have a look at our policy, in particular:
>> > ?http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/docs/policy.html#id304574
>> >
>> > (At other people: since I've been using git for a while, I might have some
>> > tips to ease development with it. Please tell me if you're interested in a
>> > policy paragraph for it :))

>> > I'd suggest you to only upload *.changes files. *gdcm*ch* could be ok :)
>>
>> 1. I do not see why using pdebuild vs svn-buildpackage would be a problem
>
> It's not a dichotomy; you can use both:
>
>  $type svn-pdebuild svn-pdebuild-final
>  svn-pdebuild is aliased to `svn-buildpackage --svn-dont-purge --svn-lintian --svn-builder="pdebuild --buildresult `pwd`/../build-area"'
>  svn-pdebuild-final is aliased to `svn-pdebuild --auto-debsign --svn-tag --svn-noautodch'

Now I have the best of svn-buildpackage and pdebuild reunited ! Thanks.

BTW, I am still doing something wrong. I have setup an unstable
pbuilder but still I get:

$ svn-pdebuild is an alias for svn-buildpackage --svn-dont-purge
--svn-lintian --svn-override=origDir=. --svn-ignore
--svn-builder="pdebuild --buildresult `pwd`/../build-area"
lintian /home/mathieu/Projects/debian-med/trunk/packages/gdcm/build-area/gdcm_2.0.14-1_amd64.changes
W: gdcm source: newer-standards-version 3.8.3 (current is 3.8.2)
N: 1 tag overridden (1 warning)

why is my lintian not up to date (I did a sudo pbuilder --update earlier)

Thanks,
--
Mathieu