Re: Release tarball of qrisk?

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 12:01:03AM +0200, Andreas (Debian) wrote:

> the GNUmed developers showed interest in using qrisk and thus they asked
> for inclusion of this software into Debian.[1]  The Debian Med team feels
> responsible to work on this task.
>
> To acomplish this I wonder whether you plan to bundle a release tarball
> with proper version number.  This would help to build a Debian package
> which is better than just a SVN checkout.
>
> Kind regards and thanks for releasing qrisk as Free Software

To perhaps add some perspective:

1) We have learned of the QRisk2 open source release from UK
   GPs running Open Source Operating Systems (Linux [Debian]).

2) Debian (http://www.debian.org) is perhaps the most
   reliable (and therefore most suitable to a GP practice)
   Linux distribution.

3) DebianMed (http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/) is a
   "brand" of Debian tailored to medicine.

4) GNUmed (http://www.gnumed.de) is an Open Source Electronic
   Medical Record running on Linux and Windows. It runs
   particularly well on Debian.

5) GNUmed already offers an interface to a similar software
   tailored to the German population (http://www.arriba-hausarzt.de).

Regards,
Karsten Hilbert, MD
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346