Re: Fwd: mummy / activiz release

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 09:11:10AM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:

> Then you can navigate to the tags I just made:
>
>   http://public.kitware.com/gitweb?p=mummy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/v1.0.2
>   http://public.kitware.com/gitweb?p=activizdotnet.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/v5.6.1.599

Well, but those URLs only come into *existance* after a
particular tag has been created. The watchfile, however,
needs a known URL which somehow *lists* the latest tag.

> And download .tar.gz file snapshots of the corresponding commit trees:
>
>   http://public.kitware.com/gitweb?p=mummy.git;a=snapshot;h=6c99e0759992793678f079c3498a4bd856d8d3dd;sf=tgz
>   http://public.kitware.com/gitweb?p=activizdotnet.git;a=snapshot;h=c31433cf52778339d29404a7818f4b6c188d5212;sf=tgz

Once the tag is known the exact URL to download can be
derived, indeed (albeit not in the way shown here - the
get-orig-source target would want an URL based on the tag.)
OTOH, the above do not represent "released" versions - but
explicitely tagged snapshots are better than nothing.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346