Re: gbrowse build on Ubuntu

On 05/12/2011 11:01 AM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 12. Mai 2011, 10:31:21 schrieb Olivier Sallou:
it is on public one, with oneiric release (next one).

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gbrowse/2.26~dfsg-3

It may be just a matter a sync between dependencies, but I do not know
how Ubuntu manage its builds.

You might want to try building it in the Debian-med PPA.  You then have at
least some control over the build logs etc. In the PPA you could provide the
missing dependencies (if there are any).

But build it for lucid or maverick ... the newer ones get it through
the regular channels, anyway :)  I was a bit disappointed by now seeing
an auto-backport of it all ... was I doing something wrong?

Breaks: libwww-perl (<  6.00) but 5.837-1 is to be installed

This line I don't quite get.

why is the dependency not met ?

Just guessing ... try << instead of < and make it a real Debian version like 6.0-1

Best,
Steffen