Re: MAKER - genome annotation - we almost have it all

Le Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 12:11:44PM +0200, Steffen Möller a écrit :

> surprise we don't have RepeatMasker.

Hi Steffen

RepeatMasker seems to need Tandem repeats finder
(http://tandem.bu.edu/trf/trf.html), which is apparently closed source.  In the
worst case, one could make a wrapper à la flashplugin-nonfree…

For BioPerl, last year I have promised to the Perl team to split it between
libbio-perl-perl, that will containt the modules, and bioperl, that will
contain the rest.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/2010/02/msg00074.html

If possible, I would like to take the opportunity of the new BioPerl upstream
release to do such ground work, but if I am being a bottleneck, this can be
postponed.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy