Re: task / imaging page

Hi Mathieu,

you asked me (in PM) how to influence tasks pages content and despite
you realised that your specific question was solved automagically your
question gave me some motivation to explain things in the docs a bit
more detailed.  A (hopefully helpful) description was just created
here[1].

For instance this is helpful if somebody might consider changing some
description of a not yet uploaded package.  The idea of the tasks pages
is to pull as much as possible information out of Debian's own
information pool.  So in case you would follow the "Translate" button
and translate the description for say dicomscope (your question was
about this package) you would not only see it in "apt-cache show
dicomscope" (and other apt frontends) but it would also be translated on
the tasks page.  Same with a screenshot:  Just provide one and you see
it in all screenshot aware Debian frontends.

In case you want to change something in the not yet uploaded packages
(so called prospective packages) you finally have to "get your hands
dirty" (to quote you) and feed the needed information into the tasks
file as it is explained in the docs[1].  All DDs have commit permission
to the Blends SVN and can do so.  Because I'm not sure whether this is
true for DMs as well I added

   malaterre-guest    *AND*
   malat-guest

to the Blends project.  (You should probably drop one of these logins.)

I would be more than happy if you would have a regular look at the
imaging task file because we reached a state where it is sometimes hard
for a single person (well Charles is also sometimes editing there) to
catch up with all the new and interesting stuff.  I did not finished my
backlog after vacation to browse ITPs for interesting stuff and watch
SVN commits whether new packaging stuff did made it into our repository.
I used to watch Debian Science as well previosely but I realised that
I'm unable to catch everything reliably.  So we really need to find a
way to encourage package maintainers to at least check the resulting
tasks pages whether the package they are working on is listed properly.
If not the bare minimum is to inform me and I migh proxy the edits to
the tasks files - but finally it's definitely not harder than editing a
usual debian/control file which maintainers have just proven to manage
properly.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

[1] http://blends.alioth.debian.org/blends/ch-sentinel.en.html#s-edittasksfiles