Re: Clinica

> On Wed, 21 Dec 2011 19:41:08 +0100
> Sebastian Hilbert <sebastian.hilbert@gmx.net> wrote:
> > We hope to cooperate with you as much as possible on such things as
> patient
> > data exchange (software to software).
>
> I hope that too.
> It would not be too difficult, I think, to write a plugin to exchange
> patients
> (and other data) between clinica and GNUmed. I plan to give this a try as
> soon
> as I can.

Feel free to contact me when you start with that. GNUmed implements
the concept of "external patient source" which uses drivers to access
patient demographics from other software.

> Making clinica interact directly with the GNUmed backend will probably be
> more difficult,

Not really. Since both Clinica and the GNUmed middleware are written
in Python you can simply import our middleware and be done. It's as
simple as:

... some code to find the patient ID ...
... which is also provided in gmPatientSearch.py ...
from Gnumed.business import gmPerson
current_patient = gmPerson.gmCurrentPatient(patient ID)
emr = current_patient.get_emr()
print emr.get_vaccinations()
print emr.get_hospital_stays()

It's really quite simple.