Re: Initial Grinder package

Charles Plessy-12 wrote:

> Florent, since the files in /inc are also distributed as Debian packages:
> are
> they strictly neeeded, or could they be omitted?  That would reduce the
> code
> duplication in our archive.

Thanks for the help with the package upload, Charles.

What you ask is a good question. I think this is possible but it is sort of
going against the philosophy of Module::Install

To achive what you suggest requires adding libmodule-install-perl (and other
modules that have files in inc) as a build-dependency of the package. Then
the files under inc/ but not the inc/ directory itself need to be deleted,
otherwise Module::Install will think it is being called by the author of the
module instead of a user (see
http://search.cpan.org/~adamk/Module-Install/lib/Module/Install/Admin.pm#Bootstrapping).

Changing the first line of the Makefile.PL from 'use inc::Module::Install;'
(to use the modules in inc/) to 'use inc::Module::Install;' (to use their
system-wide quivalent) is not an option since it generates an error.

The perl-pkg group does not seem to strip inc/ for their packages that use
Module::Install. Maybe it is not worth the trouble.

Florent