Re: Microbiomeutil and chimeraslayer as dependency of Qiime

Hi Andreas,

I spoke too soon on ChimeraSlayer.  I've just run the test scripts
provided with QIIME and it is crashing because at some point it tries to
write to the /usr/share/microbiomeutil-data/RESOURCES directory.

It looks like this can be fixed by pre-computing some indices, by
running these two commands as root:

formatdb -p F -i /usr/share/microbiomeutil-data/RESOURCES/rRNA16S.gold.fasta 2>/dev/null

cdbfasta -C /usr/share/microbiomeutil-data/RESOURCES/rRNA16S.gold.NAST_ALIGNED.fasta

So I guess these commands need to be added to postinst, with a
corresponding cleanup in postrm.  Do you know where I can find an
example/template for doing this properly/robustly?

This also hilights that chimeraslayer needs to declare a direct
dependency on the blast2 package.

Cheers,

TIM

--
Tim Booth <tbooth@ceh.ac.uk>
NERC Environmental Bioinformatics Centre

Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
Maclean Bldg, Benson Lane
Crowmarsh Gifford
Wallingford, England