Re: Changes in Qiime (and Staden)

Hi Tim,

thanks for your quick response.

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 11:34:15AM +0100, Tim Booth wrote:
> Ah yes, I committed the changes to QIIME but neglected PyNAST.  I've now
> committed my PyNAST changes to SVN.  I don't believe this is a fork of
> PyNAST or a change of upstream maintainer, just a change of location for
> the source.  The changes apart from the watch file are minimal.

Ahhh, so I'll upload pynast (1.2) and qiime.

> On Staden, the people who requested it are testing it right now.  The
> packaging was rather less troublesome than I'd feared.  I did end up
> re-packaging io_lib before realising it was already in Debian as
> libstaden-read, but I'll clean that up and get rid of my extraneous
> package before putting it into Bio-Linux.

OK.

> At the moment, the staden package has an SVG icon that I quickly
> created, as the Staden project has no icon whatsoever.  GUI applications
> in Unity need an icon and accompanying .desktop file to identify them in
> the Dash.  I normally put these in a helper package (ie.
> bio-linux-staden) and I'll do that once the testers are happy so don't
> get hung up about it being there - it will go away.

IMHO the icon is perfectly fine right inside the package.  Any user of
Debian and its derivatives will profit from it.  So please just keep it
inside.

> I've been tinkering with the -doc package to ensure that all the on-line
> help menus in Staden appear properly.  I've not finished that yet so if
> you start working on the packages you are liable to repeat what I have
> done or do something incompatible or push a version with broken help, so
> I'd ask you not to upload to Sid just yet.  But if you want to put in an
> ITP that would be great.

For the moment I have added staden to the bio task to let it sho up in
our web sentinel.  I will issue the ITP (mentioning your initial effort)
and think we should upload the package to Debian if your testers are
happy with the package.

Kind regards and thanks for your work

      Andreas.

--