[MoM] Update on packaging of OpenEMR

Andreas - Committed my latest - I was having a mental block as to how to remove the phpmyadmin from the code base.  I didn't have the Files-Excluded line in the header but coupled with the first copyright notice.  That wasn't working at all.  This time I added it and then removed it from the code base (is that what I'm supposed to do?  I created a new orig.tar.gz file ... not sure this is the method but the thread you referenced seem to imply that I should just remove it from the source tree).

Just to recap here's where I am:
1) Can create a deb file that will install/remove.
2) Webserver currently needs to be manually configured with a2enconf and service apache2 reload but the default configuration is packaged.
3) Maintainer scripts (pre/post/inst/rm) have been disabled (Brady Miller wrote the originals) and I need to wade through them now fixing the various complaints that linitian generates about unsafe temp files, not using the template system correctly, not using the PO stuff for internationalization.
4) The large project left is finding/updating all of our minified JS.  I confirmed with upstream that in fact the project *does* rely on several versions all the way back to 1.2.1 of jQuery and the scripts that rely on it are known to break if updated.  Sounds like I'll be spending a few months wading through upgrades and submitting patches upstream to bring them all up to the 1.7.2 version that is supplied with Debian.
5) Submit my other patches/bugs for the fixes I have already added to the Debian release (there's a few scripts that had incorrect paths, failed syntax checks, etc).

Not sure if I'll make the deadline of September to have things completed.  Will just keep working on things and submit emails as I need help/encouragement.  I truly appreciate all the help that people provide on the list.

cheers
ian

--
Ian Wallace - CCRMC DFM Staff Physician - (c) 303.681.5732