Re: Packaging software project on sourceforge.

Hi Jorge,

> Hi Jorge,
>
> On Tue, Oct 07, 2014 at 09:33:38AM +0100, Jorge Sebastião Soares wrote:
>> Good morning all,
>>
>> The code source I'm looking to package is in sourceforge.
>>
>> Can I get git-buildpackage to use sourceforge as upstream?
>
> I can't parse this question - but a link to the project would
> be enlightening.

You can use git-buildpackage to maintain the Debian package regardless
how/where upstream maintains their source code.
The project releases tarballs, just like most other projects, so no
big surprise I suppose.
I also see that the project uses git to maintain their source code, so
you can make it easier and just create a new branch for the
debianization:
https://wiki.debian.org/PackagingWithGit#Using_the_upstream_repo

   +Emilien