Re: Updates to yaml-cpp and opensurgsim

Hi Paul,

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 12:37:13PM -0400, Paul Novotny wrote:
> Hello, I just updated two packages I worked on for a MoM in February.
> Yaml-cpp released a new version (0.5.2) so I updated the packaging in
> collab-maint [1]. I also updated opensurgsim to use this new version of
> yaml-cpp [2]. During the MoM, Andreas sponsered my changes and pushed
> out a new version of yaml-cpp to experimental, can someone do this
> again? Maybe Andreas if you have time? Could this go to unstable now
> that Jessie is out?

Uploaded to unstable.  Thanks for your preparation.

> Regarding opensurgsim, it is still in the ftp masters new package queue,
>  is there anything I need to be doing there?

I think the best advise I could give is waiting patiently.  We have
observed the new queue growing in other freeze processes so there is
some hope here.

> One final question, I
> noticed the Debian Science blend has a Simulation task, that would be a
> great fit for opensurgsim. Opensurgsim is already in Debian-Med's
> Imaging-Dev task, is it alright to petition to be in both tasks?

Hints like these are *very* welcome.  For sure a package can be
mentioned in more than one task.  I have added

   Suggests: libopensurgsim-dev

to the simulation task.  Its "only" suggested since tasks are usually
featuring user applications and no development libraries.  If you could
find some more development libraries that would fit in a simulation-dev
task we could open this one.

Kind regards

      Andreas.