Re: python-pysam version lagging

Hello,

On الإثنين  8 حزيران 2015 09:38, Andreas Tille wrote:
Hi,

In any case, I bumped the upstream version and made some changes to the
packaging. I'm having some trouble with pbuilder/cowbuilder building this,
though. It does not install the build-depends in time, so building for me
fails during the initial "clean" step:

I: pybuild base:170: python3.4 setup.py clean
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "setup.py", line 246, in <module>
     from setuptools import Extension, setup
ImportError: No module named 'setuptools'

The clean target is executed on your local machine and not inside the
pbuilder chroot.

Oh, I didn't expect that. Thanks for that information; it works now.

 So please do

    apt-get install python3-setuptools

and the problem should vanish.

If I can get past this problem, I can test it out and finish up the
python-pysam changes. It might be ready now if someone can verify that the
build works and lintian is ok.

I hope Charles can answer this one.

I was able to build it and clean it up a little more, but the package still has some lint:

W: python-pysam source: dep5-copyright-license-name-not-unique (paragraph at line 40)

I'm actually not sure what to do about this one.

I: ...hardening-no-fortify-functions...

I think these are false positives since the CPPFLAGS for fortification look like they're correctly set as I watch the package build.

I: ...spelling-error-in-binary...

This is maybe not worth fixing.

I: python-pysam-tests: package-contains-timestamped-gzip usr/share/doc/python-pysam/tests/pysam_data/ex1.sam.gz

I'm not sure what to do about this, either. Does it really affect ReproducibleBuilds if it's an upstream-provided compressed file?

Please let me know what I can do to move this along.

Regards
Afif

--
Afif Elghraoui | عفيف الغراوي